What is the Way of the Apprenticeship? Read on to find out more about craft and craftsmanship and the workshop.
Sometimes it’s damn hard to find a good teacher. One reason for this is that information transfer is difficult when the kind of knowledge that needs to be passed on in a craft is informal and generally not written down.
Find out more about The Way of the Craftsman in my free online presentation at AionCon 2020
Why do I need to have a hobby? Watch and listen to why you need to have a hobby with Hunter Drew, Graeme Smith and Nathan Farnsworth
The AIONCON 2020 All Access Pass and VIP Passes are available here
REVIEW – How to Make Cool Stuff by Graeme Smith. Curious about my eBook on craft and craftsmanship? Then read this review by a reader.
Here’s what you’ll learn if you haven’t had a look yet:
– The five reasons why you should become a maker.
– How craft and craftsmanship allow you to connect your head and your hands.
– Why it’s not enough to understand something intellectually.
– How to choose to be a Maker rather than a beast of burden condemned to the drudgery of routine and the optimisation of efficiency.
– The not so secret recipe for getting started.
– What ancient poets have in common with modern Linux coders.
AIONCON 2020 is for you if you:
– Recognise your potential, but don’t know where to start
– Are looking for a road-map to a more fulfilling year
– Want strategies to create a healthier you
– Need to upgrade your earning potential
– Want to forge new, powerful connections
I’m very excited to announce that I’m speaking on Craftsmanship at the Aion Conference –…
If you do leatherwork or other craftwork you need a sharp knife… and not just any sharp knife.
You need the sharpest knife you can get your sticky hands on.
You need to start using medical scalpels…