Embark on a journey into the world of leatherworking with our comprehensive guide! From basics to mastery, explore tools, techniques, and four step-by-step projects: coasters, a wallet, belt, and bag. Perfect for beginners or those looking to enhance their skills. Start leathercrafting today!
Sometimes it’s damn hard to find a good teacher. One reason for this is that information transfer is difficult when the kind of knowledge that needs to be passed on in a craft is informal and generally not written down.
Why do I need to have a hobby? Watch and listen to why you need to have a hobby with Hunter Drew, Graeme Smith and Nathan Farnsworth
REVIEW – How to Make Cool Stuff by Graeme Smith. Curious about my eBook on craft and craftsmanship? Then read this review by a reader.
Here’s what you’ll learn if you haven’t had a look yet:
– The five reasons why you should become a maker.
– How craft and craftsmanship allow you to connect your head and your hands.
– Why it’s not enough to understand something intellectually.
– How to choose to be a Maker rather than a beast of burden condemned to the drudgery of routine and the optimisation of efficiency.
– The not so secret recipe for getting started.
– What ancient poets have in common with modern Linux coders.
If you do leatherwork or other craftwork you need a sharp knife… and not just any sharp knife.
You need the sharpest knife you can get your sticky hands on.
You need to start using medical scalpels…
My ebook on Craftsmanship is on special for USD$10 until the weekend. After that the price goes up permanently. Don’t miss out.
Kia ora..! Nau mai, haremai…! That’s Hello and Welcome in Te Reo Māori the indigenous…
If you want to stay in touch with what I’m working on you should sign up to my email newsletter. This includes advance notice on new products including books and ebooks, music, courses and other stuff you won’t find on my blog.
I’ll be speaking about Craft and Craftsmanship at AIONCON in December. My talk and a bunch of others will be available online. Stay tuned for more details including how to register.