Kia ora and welcome to Collection 7
If you’re reading this then you are up to Assessment 7 in the new and improved NZCALNE (Voc).
That means you are up to the final assessment task in the programme…! This next part is about assessing learner progress, reviewing your teaching and working out the next steps.
If you do stop by Graeme’s Blog, please comment. Let us know what’s useful and what’s not. Our model is a dynamic one and we’re always tinkering with programme content and assessment tasks where we can. You can help us continue to improve the experience.
There are four sections in Collection 7:
- 7.1 Just do it: Progress assessment
- 7.2 What does it mean?
- 7.3 Collecting some final information
- 7.4 Reviewing your teaching and next steps
If you find that you already know what you’re doing for a particular part of this collection, then feel free to skip ahead to the next relevant section.
Or start with the assessment template and dip into this material as you need to. Email us if you don’t already have the template and checklist.
Otherwise, work your way through as usual. Here are the links you need to different parts of this collection.
Follow the links below
Here’s the overview for the final collection.
7.1 Just do it: Progress assessment
- Just do it…! Assessing your learners’ literacy and numeracy progress
- What is collaborative assessment and how do I use it?
- What do I actually do for a collaborative assessment?
- What evidence do I need to start pulling together for Assessment 7?
7.2 What does it mean?
7.3 Collecting some final information
- Collecting some final information for your portfolio
- How is evaluation different to assessment?
- Why evaluate literacy and numeracy teaching in a foundation learning course?
- How should I carry out my learner evaluations?
- What’s the best way to write my own evaluation survey questions?
- Should I get help to administer the evaluation to my learners?
- What does a learner evaluation survey look like?
- Why do I have to involve my boss in the evaluation?
- Can you remind me what evaluation evidence I need to supply for the NZCALNE (Voc)?
7.4 Reviewing your teaching and next steps
- How do I review my teaching and reflect on the next steps?
- What are the reflection and review questions?
If you’re stuck, please get in touch with us by email here: firstname.lastname@example.org or by texting or calling Graeme on 0800-ALEC-1-2.