Well not totally for free… it’s a competition. Here’s the deal: I want to crowdsource some of the content for our new NZDipALN. This is a professional qualification for adult educators particularly working in trades or vocational training.
The emphasis is on strengthening adult literacy and numeracy in Aotearoa New Zealand, but I think much of this is generalisable to other international contexts as well.
What I want:
- People who are willing to be early adopters for this new qualification.
Here’s what you get:
- Zero fees for completing Module 1 in the NZDipALN which is to Develop a Personal Approach to Strengthening Adult Literacy and Numeracy. This involves assessment against one level 6 unit standard worth 5 credits. Note: This costs us money.
What you have to do:
- Tell us you want to join our team of Diploma Guinea Pigs by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Work like crazy to be one of the first five people to complete the assessment task as quickly as possible over the next month with a very fuzzy loosely defined set of boundaries and very limited study resources.
- We want the course development to be informed by real tutors doing real work. We are already constrained by the unit standards that we have to work with. But as much as possible we want to support the work of embedding and strengthening literacy and numeracy in trades and vocational training.
Questions and answers
- Will I get paid? No, you will not get paid.
- Will I get the unit standard? Yes if you are one of the first five people to complete inside the timeframe.
- Will it count towards the Diploma? Yes.
- Do I have to be an educator? Well yes… we’re happy to have a creative interpretation here, but yes.
- Do I have to work in trades? No. But there should be some practical, preferably work-focused aspect to your training. Of course, if you do work in trades that’s even better. We want practical people doing this work.
- Are you going to use my work in your course? Yes, that’s the whole point. We want to use your answer as a model, so it better be good.
- What kind of support can you offer? Phone, email, online.
- Will I get some kind of recognition? Yes, you will be thanked personally by me and if you want, we’ll attribute your work to you personally in the online module.
- Will I be the envy of all my colleagues? Yes.
- Will I develop 6 pack abs, lose weight, sleep more, be happier, earn more money, and have better sex. There are no guarantees, but yes we think so.