This is a summary of all of the video content to date that highlights some of our best work with the Department of Corrections.
The instructors in the various video clips have all undertaken the National Certificate in Adult Literacy & Numeracy Education (Vocational/Workplace).
This qualification, which we abbreviate to the NCALNE (Voc), teaches a system for embedding literacy and numeracy explicitly into the content and context of trades and vocational training as well as other areas.
Each entry in the list below will take you out to a separate post with video.
- Rachel Bulliff introducing the NCALNE (Voc) training with ALEC.
- Graeme Smith on the structure of ALEC’s professional development training.
- Ritchie Howard on how he embedded literacy and numeracy into prison painting training.
- Kushla Clover on how she embedded literacy and numeracy into prison grounds and horticulture training.
- Arnie Kumar on how he embedded literacy and numeracy into prison farming training.
- Jeanette Matthers and Arnie Kumar on embedding literacy and numeracy into prison horticulture and agriculture training.
- Ken Collins on embedding literacy and numeracy into prison building and painting training.
- Andy wood on embedding literacy and numeracy into prison carpentry training.
- Andy’s also here as well talking about how he uses a basic framing task to embed literacy and numeracy.