From here you can move on to the second section. Next up we’re going to look at some of the approaches we use in adult teaching.
Before that, though, you should have a think about your answers to the questions below.
The questions aren’t assessed, so you don’t have to hand in your answers. But talking about what you think with someone, and then writing down your responses will help you engage with this work more deeply.
- What do you think about the definitions that we’ve discussed?
- Are there any aspects that you really like?
- Is there anything here that you can use or absorb into your own teaching and training?
- How familiar are you already with the Learning Progressions frameworks?
- What value you can see in the Māori and Pasifika frameworks?
- Do you think you’ll need to refer to the ESOL Starting Points framework?
- What do you see as the major factors associated with low levels of adult literacy and numeracy?
- What causes the biggest impact on your learners?
- What do you think has the biggest impact on our country as a whole?