Again, I’m not entirely sure where I picked this one up… might be a hat tip to Rodney Y… Anyway, it’s really simple to set up and needs no resources apart from normal dice.
- Practice adding decimals.
- Practice using decimal place value.
- Standard six-sided dice.
- One playing board per player. See the image below.
- To get as close to 9.9 as possible.
- Players take it in turns rolling the dice and recording their result in either the “ones” place or “tenths” place.
- Each player must have 7 rolls of the die.
- After 7 rolls the players tally their scores and the closest to 9.9 is the winner.