Well, yes it has!
It’s expiring at the moment. It’ll take a few months to breathe its last gasp but it’s been replaced.
- If you’re still working on the expiring NCALNE (Voc) you need to switch to the newer NZCALNE (Voc).
We can help with that. Call Graeme on 0800-ALEC-1-2 or email us on email@example.com
In the meantime…
Out with the old and in with the new. There’s a new suite of very cool unit standards that we’ve integrated into an exciting new programme. The new stuff is lean and mean. And so much better than the old stuff (which was pretty darn good).
The new material will be available on Pathways Awarua shortly. Stay tuned here for when.
If you just can’t want and want to preview what I’ve been drafting, you can follow the links below to the first four collections. Each link will take you to a summary page for what we’re working on.
Let me know what you think. Your comments make this work better. Like our old course, it will continue to be a work in progress.
New content for the new NZCALNE (Voc)
- Here we cover the New Zealand context for embedding literacy and numeracy including definitions, frameworks, and things that we associate with low levels of adult literacy and numeracy.
- Here we cover concepts and approaches in adult education including from Te Ao Maori. There’s some good stuff here including short discussions about motivation, learner agency, ako, tuakana-teina and more.
- This is our revamped introduction to the Learning Progressions and how to use them to map your big picture programme demands as well as the more specific demands of your teaching content.
- This is new. We look at how to write big picture strategies for embedding literacy and numeracy into your programme. And we drill down into how to take a narrow slice of this big picture and write specific learning outcomes for your teaching and assessments.
More to follow soon. And please, if you’re stopping to have a look, please let me know what’s helpful and what’s not.