My friends and colleagues at Ako Aotearoa have been working hard on new resources for the adult education sector.
The focus is on what you can do to increase your knowledge and understanding of Māori cultural competency and what this means for your teaching practice or approach to pastoral care.
Here’s what you need to know:
- When? Tuesday 28 August 9:30am – 1:00pm.
- Where? REAP- Taupō, 73 Titiraupenga St, Taupo Town Centre.
- Who do I contact if I want to join? Jude Sherning , firstname.lastname@example.org, 027 555 5579.
- If I want more information? Dr Mei Winitana, email@example.com, 021 414 608
This is something that I’m happy to endorse 100%. If you’re in the region, you should check it out.
I’ve pasted in the official invitation below and attached the promotional flyer if you want to download.
Nau mai haere mai!
You are invited to join us in a free workshop to interact with a new online Māori Cultural Capability resource for foundation-level teachers and educators. On behalf of Ako Aotearoa and TEC, we present the Māori Cultural Capability Pathway, which is located on the Pathways Awarua website.
- REAP office, Taupō
- 9.30am-1pm: Tuesday, 28 August, 2018
Designed to complement what organisations are doing already, the pathway is made up of four modules/Kaupapa as follows;
- Ako: Learning-teaching methodologies in-practice- Ako, Tuakana-teina, the Ᾱta framework, Whare Tapa Whā
- Manaakitanga: What is manaakitanga in a learning context? In practice? Respect and mana. Kai and manaakitanga. Manaakitanga in my teaching practice
- Rangatiratanga: Rangatiratanga/ self-determination in a learning context. Rangatiratanga in my teaching practice
- Whanaungatanga: Whanaungatanga in a learning context. Whanaungatanga in my teaching practice
- An inquiring mind, and a great attitude!
- A laptop to access the pathway online
- Something to share for a late morning tea
For further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me directly
Dr Mei Winitana
Kaiwhakahaere Māori/ Māori Manager | Ako Aotearoa
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | M: 021 414 608