As with the definitions, it’s a good idea to pause here and think about what we’ve covered so far. You need to know about each of these frameworks and how they apply to you as a teacher or trainer:
- Learning Progressions for Adult Literacy
- Learning Progressions for Adult Numeracy
- Te Whare Tapa Whā
- Fonofale Pasifika
- ESOL Starting Points
Let’s make some notes. You might want to skip back and check on any details. But we also want you to think about your own situation and how you would answer these questions in your own words
For each framework you should be able to say what you think for each of these questions:
- What’s the framework for?
- What actually is it? What’s it about?
- How’s it relevant to your own teaching or training situation?
- What are the implications for you? Is there something you need to do?
Time to do some work
Let’s pause for a few moments. Here’s your task:
- Download the worksheet, or use the chart below to make notes on the five frameworks we’ve talked about.
- Make sure you’ve got some notes on what each one is for, what it’s about, as well as the relevance to your learners, and any implications for your teaching.
This task is not assessed, but it will help you with your assessment.