Well that’s an easy one to answer. It looks like this: Pathways Awarua.
Pathways Awarua is a New Zealand-based approach to supporting and strengthening literacy and numeracy for adults. We use it in our local intensive literacy and numeracy training known as SMART in Taupo.
We love Pathways Awarua… Here are some of the advantages that we see using Pathways Awarua:
- It frees up our tutors to concentrate on the issues that learners have when they have them.
- It encourages self-paced, self directed learning. Learners still need tutors and guidance but our learners love working on Pathways at their own pace.
- It covers literacy and numeracy. There’s more numeracy content than there is literacy, but we expect the content to grow over time.
- It’s a nice clean uncluttered user interface. It’s really visual and easy for our learners to use.
- We can start our learners at the level determined by their score on the Literacy and Numeracy for Adults Assessment Tool (LNAAT) that we use for diagnostic purposes.
- It genuinely seems to cause our learners to score better in the LNAAT when we come around to assessing their progress.
In short, Pathways Awarua rocks.
You can also LIKE them on Facebook here. It’s the least you can do. Using Pathways? Tell us about it in the comments below.