The other day I wrote about leverage and the value of networks in the age of the Internet.
I had a two other thoughts about leverage and networks that I didn’t add. But I’m going to add them here.
Here’s the first:
- You can keep renting out your time, fixated on your weaknesses grinding your teeth to dust in a job that you hate.
- Or, you can: Leverage your skills, your network, information, code, media and other resources in an asymmetric payoff scenario.
- It’s up to you.
And here’s the second:
If you’re not willing to do the following:
- Climb out of your product-focused ghetto
- Develop and strengthen a network of meaningful relationships
- Work on your persuasion and design skills
- Look for deals with millionaires and billionaires
Then you are not ready for leverage.
And by you I mean me.