Here’s something new below for this year from the team at Ako Aotearoa. I’m involved with Ako Aotearoa as a contractor in relation to the Tapatoru framework. Have a look and see if there is something there for you.
Be the first to try our brand-new PLD workshops
In March, the team and I at Ako Aotearoa are touring the country to bring you and others working in foundation education, a series of exclusive literacy and numeracy events (followed by a networking function). We know that you and others in the sector have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of this work and would love to see you there!
Read below for more information…
Each event offers two concurrent workshops (so bring your colleagues):
Literacy and Māori Cultural Capability
This interactive workshop includes:
- tasters of some of our literacy PLD offerings
- teaching and learning strategies for spelling and reading comprehension
- an activity on the Māori world view of spelling
- practical tips on how to support learners with reading difficulties
It also offers an introduction to the online ‘Māori Cultural Capability Pathway’ which offers opportunities for practitioners to develop their knowledge and understanding of some Māori educational pedagogies.
Numeracy and Pacific Cultural Centredness
This workshop embarks on a journey into the culture and values of the Pacific Peoples and explores how these might be used to engage Pacific learners in the world of numeracy.
Content areas include:
- understanding why many people struggle with numeracy and strategies for how this can be addressed
- ideas, tips and hints for creating numeracy lessons in a culturally engaging manner.
The workshop also introduces the online ‘Pacific Cultural Centredness Pathway’ resource which is designed to enrich and strengthen the cultural awareness and knowledge of tertiary educators working with Pacific learners.
Join FREE via Video Conference