From time to time, people ask me to post job ads. I’m always happy to do so. Here’s the latest one as of Feb 2017. All contact to the organisation please. Cheers, Graeme.
Training For You Ltd is an award-winning tertiary education provider that believes that education is the key to making a difference in the lives of learners. A commitment to a partnership approach is what makes our programmes successful for learners (employees) and the businesses they work within.
We are seeking experienced literacy tutors who can effectively and efficiently design, develop and deliver quality contextualised teaching and learning activities that engage, challenge and stimulate learning, and improve literacy and numeracy skills, while also meeting the operational goals of the business which the programme is designed for.
These tutor positions are on a contract basis and are likely to be part-time delivering a Workplace Literacy programme within a national business with a site in Napier The role reports to the Education Manager (off campus).
To be effective in this role you must be able to
- Understand the impact of the literacy and numeracy demands and needs of the workplace on employees (learners) with low levels of literacy and numeracy
- Design and deliver customised and contextualised training packages for the business based on agreed outcomes
- Profile the literacy and numeracy abilities of the learners, and understand how to modify teaching to meet the needs of the individual learners
- Implement specialised literacy assistance one-on-one for learners with very high needs
- Undertake accurate and timely programme administration and reporting
- Reflect on teaching practice and continuously improve quality of delivery
Successful applicants will have the following:
- NCALNE or a specialist literacy qualification
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- A professional approach to working with businesses and learners
- Current or recent experience in the delivery of Literacy and Numeracy programmes
- Full, clean Driver licence
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of people from diverse cultural backgrounds, in both group and one-to-one settings
- Proven strategies for working with students with learning difficulties
- Competent use of Microsoft Office programmes
- Advanced organisational and time management skills
Applicants who do not currently hold a NZ working visa or permanent NZ residency or citizenship need not apply.
If you have the qualifications, we’d love to hear from you immediately.
Applications close 8 March 2017
Apply to Rachel Smith