National Centre of Literacy and Numeracy for Adults Symposium
Registration is now open for this symposium. It will be held at the School of Management at the University of Waikato in Hamilton on 27th and 28th June 2013.
The theme of the symposium is ‘Embedded Literacy and Numeracy in Practice and Research’ and there is an exciting line up of key note, plenary and workshop sessions.
The keynote address will be given by Dr Timote Vaioleti from the School of Māori and Pacific Development, Faculty of Education at the University of Waikato and will address working more effectively in education with Pacific Peoples.
Plenary sessions will be offered by:
- Robyn Baker, Director New Zealand Council of Educational Research on re-tooling for learning in changing times.
- Dr Keiko Yasukawa, the University of Technology in Sydney, on embedding critical numeracy in practice and research.
- Rachel Bulliff and vocational instructors from the Department of Corrections and Graeme Smith, Adult Literacy Education Consulting Ltd, on embedding literacy and numeracy in a unique and challenging environment.
- Bronwyn Yates, Te Tumuaki (CEO), Literacy Aotearoa Inc. Bronwyn will give the Inaugural International Literacy Day winners address.
Special events include:
- Re-launch of Literacy and Numeracy Studies – an
International Journal in the Education and Training of Adults
- International Literacy Day awards
- Drink, nibbles, mix and mingle
The draft programme is available on the Symposium website page, click here to go to the website.
In 2013 the Tertiary Education Commission is contributing to the symposium expenses which allows National Centre to run it at no cost to attendees. This may not be the case in the future.
- To register please complete the form here Registration Form
- Registrations close on Friday June 14.
- Registration is on a first come first served basis.