- Education is about to undergo the same disruption that print, retail, and other sectors have been dealing with for a couple of years.
- This disruption means a fundamental shift from face-to-face delivery to online education.
- Not getting my courses online is not an option.
- Many education providers won’t survive.
- Government funding can’t be relied on and in any case produces unsustainable businesses. This is the case mainly in New Zealand.
- Online education may provide sustainable business models moving forward due to lower costs and different economics.
- Online education means websites that are fundamentally different to standard brochure-style websites.
- This means interactions and video (among other things…)
I haven’t got time for much more research on this. I just want to get my stuff online. I definitely don’t want to use a product with feature overkill. And I’m visually aware enough that I want the design side to be a priority.