Here are some links that you can use to support your own professional development during this time. Keep learning…!
Tutor Professional Learning & Development
Register here as a Tertiary Educator to get full access to Pathways Awarua. This gives you all professional development pathways including
- Embedding Literacy and Numeracy Pathway
- Māori Cultural Capability Pathway
- Pacific Cultural Centredness Pathway
Have a look here to see what public workshops are available ONLINE through Ako Aotearoa. Some workshops may include a fee per participant. These include:
- An introduction to dyslexia support
- Developing statistical and measurement skills
- Introduction to Pacific Cultural Centredness
- Growing numeracy
- Literacy and Numeracy for Adults Assessment Tool.
Learner Centred Teaching
Download Graeme’s Smith’s Free eBook on Learner Centred Teaching for those working with adults interested in how to use prior knowledge, increase motivation and develop learner agency
Check out Damon Whitten’s Youtube channel for help with teaching maths and numeracy to adults.
For an introduction to embedding literacy and numeracy
Follow the links below for definitions and explanations.
What do we mean by literacy and numeracy?
- What is literacy?
- What is numeracy?
- What is embedded literacy and numeracy?
- What is literacy for Māori?
- What is literacy for Pasifika?
- What is ESOL?
- Thinking more deeply about what we mean by literacy and numeracy
- Literacy and numeracy definitions: What’s the difference?
What are the frameworks we use for teaching literacy and numeracy to adults?
- Click here for an introduction the frameworks we use for teaching better?
- The Learning Progressions for Adult Literacy
- The Learning Progressions for Adult Numeracy
- Te Whare Tapawha
- Fonfale Pasifika
- ESOL Starting Points
- Taking notes on the five frameworks