Greetings friends of ALEC and Pathways Awarua…!
We need some people to test the three new Collections we launched for the start of the new NZCALNE (Voc) online.
That means we need people who are happy to have a look through this new content and try it out. And hopefully, give us some feedback.
Steve Jobs never launched a perfect iPhone. And while we’ve proofed the material, we wanted to get it out into cyberspace as fast as possible.
That means there could be a few bugs. Also, if you can provide us with some feedback now, it’s likely that this will help us as we design, write, and launch Collections 4 to 7.
Do I have to be enrolled as a student to test the new NZCALNE (Voc)?
No, you don’t have to be enrolled. Of course, if you are enrolled then that would be even better. Here are the criteria:
- As long as you’re someone with an interest in this professional development you can test the new Collections and their modules.
- You need to register on Pathways Awarua as a new tertiary educator if you don’t already have an account.
This means that you might be:
- A graduate of the older NCALNE or NCALE.
- A tutor or manager who has an interest in foundation learning including literacy and numeracy.
- Someone who is looking at this training as an option for staff.
Shortly, we’ll be looking to shift all of our existing ALEC students onto the new NZCALNE (Voc) with this new material.
What if I already know all this stuff but I don’t have the qualification?
We’ll also be launching our Portfolio+ version of the NZCALNE (Voc) which is a hybrid training and credentialing process for experienced tutors who have existing evidence.
If you’re interested in beta-testing this process then let us know as well.
How do I contact you?
Through the usual channels: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Graeme on 0800-ALEC-1-2